The premium-grade 45-storey commercial tower in Brookfield Place Perth has been awarded a '5 Star Green Star – Office Design v2 Certified Rating' by the Green Building Council of Australia.
The rating, which represents 'Australian Excellence' in environmentally sustainable design, recognises a number of the building's features, including energy-efficient heating, ventilation and air-conditioning systems, high-performance glazing and lighting, and the use of a 'grey water' system to improve water usage.
The tower was been designed to target a NABERS Energy rating of 4.5 stars and achieved a 5 star energy rating as well as a 4 star water rating.
Some of the sustainability features include:
- Greywater system designed to recycle up to 10,000 litres of water a day.
- Waterless urinals throughout the commercial tower.
- Rainwater harvesting system in which rainwater is directed into the greywater system.
- Low temperature, low volume variable air volume air distribution with partinioned control - numerous zones per floor.
- Carbon dioxide monitoring facilities, designed to maximise Indoor Environment Quality. CO levels are monitored in the carpark and in nominated locations within the tenancy tower.
- End of trip facilities including 550 bike spaces.
- Double glazed facade.
- Zoned lighting with two lighting control panels per floor and motion sensor throughout.
- T5 light fixtures and LED lighting throughout.
- Destination control lifts.
- 5 Star Green Star - Office Design V2.
- 5 star NABERS Energy.
- Variable speed drives on all mechanical pumps and air handling units.